Brazilian Green Propolis
Propolis is a millennia-old natural food produced by bees from the buds of plants and composed by a mixture of wax and resins showing a variety of colours and consistence. Brazilian propolis (mainly from Baccharis botanical source or green propolis) represents 26% of the world’s recent scientific production on propolis (Pubmed). The number of peer reviewed papers is growing exponentially showing great interest in the benefits of this unique health food. Many studies have proven green propolis’ effectiveness in fighting various viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and as an anti-inflammatory agent. A range of other safe and positive properties are constantly being identified, including anticancer effects, antioxidant effects, wound healing and tissue repair effects, gastro-intestinal effects, skin infection effects, antiinflammatory effects, anaesthetic effects, immune-modulator effects, cardiovascular and dental care effects.
* What is Propolis? Propolis is a mixture of resinous substances with effective ingredients, containing sap flows gathered by bees from trees and their own saliva. It is applied to hive entrance in order to sterilize and protect the beehive from bacterial and viral infection.
* What is Brazilian green propolis? Brazilian green propolis is green resinous substance gathered by bees from a unique local green plant known as Baccharis dracunculifolia (also known as Alecrim), which containing high levels of flavonoids (natural antibiotic). As many bacteria, viruses or worms harmful to beehive dwell in the Brazilian jungle, to protect their beehive against foreign invasion, local bees will create an exceptionally strong bactericidal propolis.
Since human diseases are caused by bacteria, naturally, propolis is one of the most direct and effective remedy. After numerous researches, scholars and experts around the world confirmed and affirmed the following benefits of propolis:
1) free radical scavenging (elimination of reactive oxygen species);
2) inhibit the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria (anti-bacterial, anti-viral);
3) enhance immunity against diseases (enhance immune function);
4) inhibition of inflammatory symptoms (anti-inflammatory);
5) effective in treating digestive system ulcer (anti-ulcer);
6) inhibition of cancer (anti-tumor);
7) inhibition of pain (analgesia);
8 ) inhibition of vascular bleeding (haemostasis) etc.
* Why does our propolis tastes spicy? Propolis which is high in flavonoids are tastes spicy naturally. In order to maintain its best results, our propolis does not contain any added flavoring substance such as glycerine (propolis contains glycerine will reduce absorption by 30%)
* Can propolis be added to other beverages? Yes, but only to cold or lukewarm water. It is recommended to consume with honey for better taste and for better synergistic effect.
* Can a healthy person consume propolis? Propolis is not just for those who are unwell. Healthy people should always consume propolis for prevention of diseases, as it contains many beneficial substances such as flavonoids, which boost our immune system, promote blood circulation and metabolism. It can improve physical fitness and build a stronger body.